Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Regional Sales Manager or VP of Sales & Marketing
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
FLSA Status: Exempt / Salaried
The Territory Sales Representative will be responsible for the sales of The Senator Groups products, both it’s Allermuir and Senator brands, in the Washington D.C./Baltimore territory. The Territory Sales Representative works to ensure profitable growth in sales revenue through thoughtful planning and passionate execution of the strategies targeted toward a broad range of commercial end-users in a variety of market verticals. The Territory Sales Manager will counsel, train, and guide its distribution partners and stakeholders in support of The Senator Groups specification, sales, and distribution of its product.
- Develops a strong networking discipline in getting deeply connected to all end-users, designers, specifiers and or influencer groups
- Achieves sales objective as set forth on a yearly basis by leveraging the sales connections and distribution partners
- Proactively sets sales volume goals for key customer/dealer organizations within distribution network.
- Defines targeted end-users, designers, and influencers and develops relationships directly and or through distribution partner resources.
- Active participation in field sales call activity with sales channel partners to end-users and specifiers or influencers; to both support selling effort and to assess product knowledge and sales proficiency of sales organization.
- Searches, qualifies, and develops sales leads. Drives the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement, to specification and ongoing support to closed sales.
- Strong engagement and awareness of all commercial business moves (lease expirations, construction permits, etc.) in designated region.
- Identifies growth opportunity by targeting accounts, markets and sectors and measures progress in advancing these sales efforts.
- Provides market feedback on competitiveness of product offering to sales leadership team.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, attending appropriate industry or trade related events
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and continuous improvement efforts.
- Communicates professionally, effectively, and timely with all internal and external customers.
- Self-motivated, high energy and an outwardly positive upbeat attitude.
- Outstanding industry related experience skills; ideally 3-5 years of design, interior furnishings and or construction industry related experience.
- Outstanding sales experience; a minimum of 5 years of professional selling in contract and conceptual sales.
- Strong communication skills
- Including both listening and presenting skills.
- Writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Strong organization skills with great attention to detail.
- Ability to work and communicate with influencers at all level in the sales process; including C-Suite to the facilities and maintenance department.
- Very strong computer skills including; excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- College degree is desired, not required if candidate has experience to obviate this formal learning requirement.
- The ideal candidate/team member will be located within the Washington D.C. or Baltimore territory it is serving ensuring strong awareness and engagement of the market they serve.
Work Environment: Home / Remote Office / Showroom
If you’re interested in finding out more about this role and The Senator Group, please apply now.
“The Senator Group is committed to supporting inclusion and diversity and we encourage applications from different abilities, sexual orientation, ethnicity, faith, disability, gender and all other underrepresented job seekers”.